View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2021, 07:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 40 - Reverse Draft (BYOG) - Round 1 until 3/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
I will admit that I do not want to play in that matchup.
I will say this: in my experience, the people who pick the strongest or weakest thing they can think of for reverse draft (because "hey it's reverse draft it's automatically balanced") have done poorly in that event, without fail. There's a good reason for this: you end up with one army getting drafted down into oblivion, which results in erratic gameplay, and nobody can really win those matches consistently.

I also find these extreme draft games are not particularly fun for either player.

This isn't really a unique problem for reverse draft - someone can easily bring two hyper-strong armies for bring 2, or bring something super strong or super weak in alternating RTW. Or, you know, bringing something ridiculously strong to a local event where people aren't expecting that sort of thing. We've seen all these things happen. For some reason it seems to happen slightly more often in reverse draft.