View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2019, 06:13 AM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 4 until 10/13)

Map: When Paths Cross
Glyphs: Wannok, Treasure x2

AgentWard - Army: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Krav Maga Agents - 470 pts
Vegietarian18 - Army: Beakface Sneaks x4, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Eltahale - 470 pts

Which units survived?
3 Breakface, 1 Clawfoot (2 lifes left) and Quorik (2 lifes left)

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
First time I test Corvor, I did not play with or against the previous version but I feel like it was a big shiitty figure for 170 points:slow, no big attack, fragile as a crystal glass and ****ty bonding.

Blood summoning used once to summon Corvor in the middle of melee, it's hard to loose the turn on one acolyte while they are three with 4 move. Moreover when you know that with Dark Pact you will lose more of them

Dark Pact I play 6 turn with Dark Pact, one turn I did no wound, 2 turn I did wound but I did not destroy a figure, 3 turn I destroyed figures. So 50 pts just to activate the bonding.

Dreadful Presence Only used against 2 attacks
0 shield vs 3 skulls (5 dices)
1 shield (3 dices with glyphe) vs 2 skulls (3 dices)

Corvor was in the middle of melee and got 25 activations (only 4 on Acolytes)
18: 13 or less
3: 14-15
4: 16+

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Perhaps I don't well understood the powers:

Quote:
Dark Pact ...if no wounds were inflicted on a figure other than the Bound Hero and no figure was destroyed during that turn...

So you have to make wound AND kill the other unit ? Why ? After this game, i understand it like "destroy an acolyte to play a turn with a demon"
I already played against acolytes at the first round and we played them in a french tournament, they seem strong, fun but balanced, here I feel them to slow, you should play Count Rayond with them.

For Clawfoot moreover moving some raptorian they were good tank to take Wannock and resist to corvor, they also have a potential good attack to kill one taget (KM for exemple)

I'm not sure of how work flocking, if I move one clawfoot who take Qurik with him, can I move Qurik as second raptorian?