View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:21 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Marro Gnids

The conversation that drove me here was that such a power would bring a leaving engagement attack but I agree with the point that they are not moving onto a space so it would not apply (although that particular line is parenthetical in the rulebook so it may be more of an example than a hard rule).

I nevertheless disagree that placing a figure on a card is any form of movement but I suppose that decision has been made. Imagine if VC were to design a character that can transform (a pretty iconic trope), where you would draft two army cards and swap between the two figures. Saying that such a power is a movement blocked by cyberclaw or any similar ability is obviously absurd.

Destroying the figure first is also a little weird and can lead to oddities but it aligns with how these sorts of powers were originally done. Drawing gnids off of a live figure with the Hive is a particularly limited case since you would be willingly giving up the debuff on that figure.