View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:22 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Voting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think this is an issue that can use more transparency and more work from everyone who has a vested interest. If you care enough to say "no" or "not yet" to this proposed solution for Justice League synergy, it behooves you to actively participate in finding a solution that everyone is happy with. Justice League synergy clearly strikes a chord with the group and so while it's worth being patient on (Rome, etc.), it's also worth throwing attention and effort into.
I believe we've been completely open and willing to brainstorm, compromise, and reach a direction the majority can get behind. I'm the pretty little bride, left at the alter on her wedding day(have a field day dok lol). If the issue was working on the design thoroughly, where have they been for the past 3+ weeks?

We started discussions on a Justice League synergy on June 27th, on page 1369 of the Public Design Thread. Martian Manhunter II was first discussed on June 29th, on page 1373. It died on 1408. That's 35+ pages of discussion(almost all directed toawrds the JL synergy and the designs), over 3 and a half weeks. Only to be vetoed out in a "narrow" vote. Each time there was an issue, we compromised, and adapted. However, those clearly still against it, didn't bother to truly attempt to compromise to a point of satisfaction, and instead merely counted down the days until they could kill off the most enthusiastic group discussion going. Maybe not purposely, but that's how it played out.

That's why this whole idea of "if you can't work in a group, then maybe this isn't for you" as said in response to me(not by you), is insulting, and unfounded. We did work in a group, quite well, for 3 and a half weeks almost non-stop, for an un-precedented ~35 pages focused on refining, compromising, and progressing a design/synergy to overcome the issues brought forth. If that's not what this is all about, I don't know what is. We had something the community was getting behind, and then people put their thumb on it without offering any sort of real opportunity. That's not willing to work within a group, at least not in this instance.