View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Fire Demons - Design Phase

Good theoryscaping on the cost! Much appreciated!

I think what I'm going to do is swap out molten lava for lava terrain and let them place it on whatever empty space they want at the start of the game, and then respawn on either molten lava or lava terrain and try them at 120 or so.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Looks fun, but I don't like the 6 space restriction for placing the lava tiles at the start of the game. If these guys are in the back of your start zone, you aren't going to be able to get those tiles very far out there with a 6 space limit, and getting the tiles to be not adjacent to each other could be difficult. What this means for the metagame is:

-lava tiles will be near-ish to your start zone
-these are melee figures, so you have to move them out into the battle (ie - near the middle of the map)
-when you lose one or more figures, then respawn one, he'll have to respawn near your SZ, so now your squad is split
-the newly spawned figure has to advance up to the battle. Meanwhile one or more demons gets killed, so it's difficult to get your squad back to full strength...though obviously this needs to be a balance.

I think it would be more fun if the Fire Demons could hold onto the lava tile and drop it whenever they wanted to on an empty space.

Cost:
Some similarities to Marro Warriors. Both are 4 man squads and can respawn. MW's have to give up their
attack to clone, but they each get to attempt it while Fire Demons automatically get to attempt the respawn at the end of the round, but only one can respawn per round. MW d20 is higher though too (unless the MW is standing in water...which generally puts them at a height disadvantage). I think this gives a slight advantage to the Fire Demons.

MW's are range 6, but only attack 2 vs. range 1 attack 4. Probably about even.

MW's have defense 3 vs. FD's with defense 6. Advantage: FD's.

MW's have move 6 while FD's can fly 6. Advantage: FD's.

MW's can clone better on water, but some maps may not have water. FD's can drop their respawn sites (sort of). Advantage: slight advantage to FD's.

MW's are undercosted at 50. A more accurate cost is probably about 65-70. Which means that FD's are probably in the range of 90-100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Hey guys!

Rapid fire - here's another one for ya! Some winged hellions from the Marvel U.

As always, I look forward to your thoughts!

Cheers,
Bats

P.S. Also, all theoryscaping on costs is welcomed!

FIRE DEMONS

DEMON
UNIQUE SQUAD (4 figures)
TORMENTORS
RELENTLESS
MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ?

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, you may place 4 molten lava tiles on any empty spaces on the battlefield. Each molten lava tile must be placed within 6 spaces of at least one Fire Demon you control and cannot be placed next to another molten lava tile. Each molten lava tile you place must fit normally onto that space.

FIRE SPAWNING 13
At the end of each round, you may choose one empty molten lava space on the battlefield and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed Fire Demons on the chosen space.

LAVA RESISTANT
Fire Demons never roll for molten lava damage or lava field damage and do not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.