View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Perry White (Initial Posted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So it does a strong thing once per game? Seems reasonable for the Perry/Lois/Supes investment.

Not a fan of the added complexity of the one wound and it feels like it’s stretching and abstracting the theme even more.
Then I'd probably rather move to a new way to play out the theme. Lois is already a very strong unit, and the mechanical synergy there just lends to the pairing a bit too much. I don't want to see him eating some of the cost of that pairing. Potentially 4 attacks with no reaction from the opponent, meanwhile you're getting to move Lois into better positioning to keep Kal attacking? That's very strong for 130 points on your Superman when you're already getting the benefit from Lois in a lot of situations. A flip version of it that lends itself more to Perry than just Lois would be:

Quote:
FRONT PAGE HEROISM
Once per game, at the start of the round before Order Markers are placed, if you control at least one Kryptonian Champion, you may choose to add 20 to your initiative. If you do, your opponent may not place a "1" Order Marker on the card of a figure engaged with a Journalist you control.
Moving it to preventing placement rather than a removal. But I also may just be being overly cautious of things. I think in small games like this, getting Lois early doesn't seem as tough, but she's a lot easier to hide/protect in bigger games.