View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
I think I have just discovered the lamest castle defense ever. This is assuming you use the Seige of West Barbicon scenario.

Defending army (650 points):
240 : 6 squads of Robo Rats
70 : 4th Mass

Fill in the rest of the army with whatever you want.

Ok, here is how it works. There are 22 castle spaces in this game. Place the 4th Mass on the highest castle spaces facing inside your castle. Fill every other castle space up with rats. After all the castle spaces are full, start on the ladders, spacing the rats out so there isn't any space for figures. The rest of the army goes on the ground.

Your opponent is stuck. They can't shoot the rats from the ground, because they don't have any LOS on them since they are tiny buggers. The fliers can only land in the little courtyard behind the castle, and will get munched by the 4th Mass throwing 5 attack dice each. The only way to get up there (since all the flying guys are melee) is to climb the ladders and battle the rats one at a time.

The army on the ground pretty much just opens the door, shoots, and immediately closes it again. Also, they kill the big dragons that come over the walls.

How do you attack a castle set up like this? My best guess is you have to fly over the wall with a big dragon and acid breath/fire line/other nasty attack and kill as many rats as possible. But those big nasties cost a lot of points that the attacker(s) don't really have.

I guess there are a couple methods you could use to attack something like this, but I bet none of them would succeed more than they would fail. Of course, it also relies on your having 6 sets of the rats, so whatever

note: I would never play like this.

I got nuthin...