View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:14 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Eastern PA Scapers Jan. 24th Post Tourny Thread

Now, I already said how much fun I had, so I'll just skip to the battles.

I brought 3 Kow, Realin,Gilbert, and a sidebar of 2 fourth mass. I used my sidebar a lot, and it really helped me. And before you say anything, yes I used two A+ units. I still went 3-2, so I don't think it matters too much. it's the player, not the figures.

Game one against Jackell (Q9, Realin, Kelda, Zetacron)on Artic Divide. I brought 3 kow gilbert and realin

Now, my first thought was "Q9? I hate this mercenary rule" my second thought was "Artic divide, and I brought knights...of course." The game played out how I thought it would: my knights couldn't move anywhere and Q9 didn't need to move. Whenever I was able to get a knight next to q9, the defence held up. My defence dice really loved me, and I was able to stay in much longer than I thought, but I just couldn't do anything. Oh well, at least I was able to kill realin and zetacron.

0-1

Second game against Copperpot (Braxas and Nilfheim) on Mole hills. I brought 2 kow, 2 fourth mass, and gilbert. I'm not sure if this was my second or third match.

I instantly gave Braxas a huge priority, and I bum rushed her. Somehow, due to bad maneuvering on his part, or just really good maneuvering on my part, I was able to get Gilbert on height, and he killed her in a bout three turns. All day my dice were with me. Nilf was able to kill his share of knights, but the fourth mass are just strong with wait then fire. 10 minutes was all it took

1-1

Match 3 (or 2) was against Johngee (4 10th reg, Denrick) on Turret Rocks. I used the same army as against copperpot.

It turns out John G is a really nice guy. I'm pretty certain I saw him smiling even as his last redcoat died. The battle played out as I thought it would; my knights being a good screen, and my redcoats undefeatable. Towards the end, he began to target only my knights, even if he could shoot a fourth mass. I think if you did attack my fourth John, you would have done a lot better, and might have won.

2-1

Fourth Match was against...Jackell?! On Arctic Divide?! NOOOOOO! Luckily, we were able to trade maps with pete while he was out getting the Pizza (hey, your opponent said it was fine ) so it wasn't going to be a massacre like last time. I used the same army as last time.

I have to say, this was one of the top three games I've ever played. It started out simply with the knights swarming forth, and destroying zetacron easily. Yay! Things were looking up. The rest of the match was the ultimate struggle for power. A dozen times my knights charged q9, and a dozen times he pushed them back. I think gilbert alone put about 6-7(two of them were wounds where Jakell let me go through with an attack I forgot about) wounds on him, but kelda kept healing him back to full health. All of my knights were ereadicated, and only realin was left. Q9 shot two wounds on to her, and she swooped down to him. In a move I've never seen before, Realin killed Q9! now, realin had three wounds at this point, and all of the onlookers began to yell out things like "Use your healing on Realin and roll a one!" It was only a one wound kelda against a three wound realin. I retreated back with realin, ready for the ultimate cat fight ever! Unfortunetly, the fight ended two attacks latter with realin whiffing (:grrr
2-2

My final match was against Peteparkerh (2 kow, 2 4th mass, Alastair) on Embattled fen (one of my favorite maps.) I had really been looing forward to playing this match.

At this point, I had just found out that all units Gilbert moves has to be within 8 spaces of him (sorry to everyone I didn't do this with, I really didn't know) so that really altered my strategy. I sent my knights as a road block ont othe bigger road, and my fourth mass behind them. On the other side I had the fourth mass occup that hill. If my main force fell, I'd be ready. Pete's dice hated him. He gor all skulls of defence, and all shields on offence. My dice were going good with me like they did all day. I seemed to kill three figures each turn, so pete was really blow away. He killed five Kow and a fourth Mass all game. There was also four wound markers close to gilbert's card, but I wasn't sure if they were actually on him. I decided that they were, since Alastair was getting some good rolls at least.

3-2

Everyone I played against really underestimated the knight's speed...unless they are on a snow map. Again, I had a really great time, and that marvel game was really fun pete.