View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2017, 03:04 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Transcendental Argument for the Existence of God

Oh what an interesting thread! Though as a person who believes in an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and yet personal, approachable, affectionate God some of these comments are hard to read because I know how much He has legitimately interacted with me in my life. I know Christians often do a poor job of reflecting God, so I would encourage anyone to ignore the brokenness of those people and openmindedly explore His existence and true nature. He has promised that if anybody truly seeks to get to know Him "you will find Him, if you search after Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

An interesting thought is that it takes just as much faith to deny the existence of God as it does to believe in Him.
I have studied a decent amount on both sides of the fence scientifically and the like and have come to realize that both sides use "faith" in something to fill in the things they don't yet understand. Those who deny the existence of God have to believe that some chemicals always existed, collided, and started a chain reaction that accounts for everything: that genetic mutations "miraculously" led to new genetic information, and that morality and logic is somehow connected to far less sopisticaed animal nature. One denying the existence of God must rely on the faith that a lawless orderless accident created an ordered universe that abides by certain laws including human logic, and morality. If you were to step back and think critically, that's putting a lot of faith in something that cannot even be examined in any scientific way. Whereas, there are additional historical acknowledgements of a single Creator God even outside the Bible, and He has been and can be experienced in very real ways even today. Personally, I think a belief in God provides a much better explanation for things we see (more than simply "because God" but too much for this post) and I would encourage anybody to look into some of the information from that perspective.

But I also believe that if you can be argued into a belief in God then you can be argued out of it. Not to say that people shouldn't work through these arguments or ask hard questions, but seeking the existence and experience of God firsthand will yield much better results than hypothesizing and postulating. I know this from legitimate first hand experience. The fact is, nobody will ever be "good enough" but God knows that and is more than willing to work with us despite the fact. However He wants people to WANT Him, it is not His desire that anyone die and be separated from Him, but He gave us that choice to choose a life involved with Him or eventual death without Him. I know for me a life WITH God is far better than trying to get by without Him.

Anyways that was just my two pennies worth.