View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2016, 01:00 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I don't have a question, but I do have Thanks.

Back around Christmas 2007 my life was not as amazing at it is now. I was in a bad relationship and had drifted from friends and family. I had seen Heroscape since it was first released, but for some reason that Christmas I figured I would treat myself and I bought both master sets (even though I really had no-one to play with). Over the following months I found this online community and an offline one. I collected more units and learnt everything I could about the game. Whenever I was down I still had my hobby to keep me sane.

It has been Years now, and I reconnected with my friends and family, got married and a new son that I can't wait to introduce Heroscape Too. As cliché as it seems, the game you designed helped me get through some tough times.

I'm more grateful than I can express here, and just wanted you to know.
I'm glad the community created by HS had that effect, Wriggz. Even though I don't believe we've ever encountered each other on this forum before, I'm proud to be part of a community that can do such a thing.

I also have thanks, and inspired by the above, would like to share it. Those that know me know that I spend a lot of time in the Fan Fiction forum, and have for many years. I've been honing my skill as a writer, and plan to start publishing novels in the near future. Without HeroScape, the fan site created by it, and the incredible community that has been created, I would be no closer to that goal than I was when I first joined, six years ago (actually only off by 6 days there).

Thanks Craig. Thanks for creating HeroScape, a game that has brought so many people together from all over the place to create the best online community I've ever seen. And thanks for indirectly helping me to become a writer. HeroScape has impacted my life in more ways than one.

~TGRF.