View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2019, 09:21 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Feedback on rules summary for novice tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Thanks for the feedback. For start zone selection where the map uses a large ruin on one side and a small one on the other, in places that don't roll for selection, how do you decide who goes where? I can see some armies/players preferring more cover with the large ruin, or slightly easier deployment with the smaller ruin. Do most folks not care?

Alternatively, do tournaments build symmetrical maps using two ruins of the same size instead (both large or both small)? Just curious.
From New England and running events I can contest to this rule. Typically how you worded it, something like players place if there is a discrepancy players can roll. Sometimes it comes down to "i'm sitting on this side of the table i'll place here" or like you mentioned one player wants more cover from the larger ruin. I think the rule how you have worded it works, it makes it sound optional which generally it is and in your case for simplicity it can be.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet