View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2019, 12:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2019 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
I do think Main Event day 2 needs a time limit that is reasonably close to the time limit on day 1 rounds (or even the same). The power of some armies (which invest in good/great cleanup figures like MWs [not always cleanup, but can/will be used in cleanup if the matchup is right for it]) changes drastically when you effectively remove the time limit (weaker day 1, stronger day 2), which means some armies gain/lose power in a way that is not necessarily reflective of how they performed in day 1. I love a 2 hour Heroscape game as much as anyone, and would prefer having no time limits at all, but in reality they are necessary and as such should be as consistent as possible.
I'm not really too concerned about the power level variations between day 1 and day 2 because of different time limits. It was really relevant in the old non-alternating RTW days, but not as much any more.

That said, I'd be OK with some time limit on day 2. I really really don't want to see 50 minute rounds on day 2, but something like a 90 minute limit would be fine.