View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2019, 12:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Breathing Period)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess we should add the SS clause back in to keep him from brutalizing Lanterns, etc.
Quote:
BRUTALITY 3
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the Attack number listed on the defending figure's card is 3 or lower and the defending figure does not have the Super Strength special power, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense.
"Printed on the card" is an official term...I think? I feel almost certain I've seen it used somewhere before. I think "listed on the card" is probably more solid though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well ... there are technically some powers that change the attack number/value with how they work mechanically. Honestly, I'm fine with those slipping through for such a minor effect, but I'm cool if the LD doesn't want to as well.
For me, it's less a thematic thing, and more just a really confusing gameplay thing. That's why I'm in support of the "listed on the card" wording.

The whole Attack Number vs. Attack Value vs. Attack Dice concept is just way more confusion for the layman than I want to delve into. I don't think the player should have to crack open a rulebook to check if height advantage modifies Attack Number or Attack Dice. Stuff like that is way more nitty gritty than what I personally want to do with my LDs.
FTR the above was my favorite.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.