View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: 3 New Maps 1/13/19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I really like that you have at least slight asymmetry to a lot of your maps, I've always enjoyed maps that do that to feel more like a "natural" battlefield while still retaining balance.

I also like how you use terrain to double as LoS blockers, though I share the concern with Flash that it could allow ranged figures, especially dragons, to sit up high and shoot for days. Definitely intriguing, though, and I'm interested enough to add them to my (very long) list of maps to try out.

Mountainside (love well-done single master set maps) and Impasse are especially high up on my list. Hopefully I'll get to play on them soon -- if so I'll let you know how they go!
Thanks man. Yeah I really like asymmetry, even if it's just slight. There's not enough asymmetrical maps out there imo, so I want to make as many as I can. There will be a fair share of symmetrical ones, too (ie - Hideout, Breach, Impasse).

I feel like you need to do that a lot of times when you are working with VW maps. There are often a lack of LoS blockers, so I think making some with raised Volcarren is the way to go, as long as you compensate enough for melee. You can do this with non-Volcarren terrain too but it's much much harder to make sure it's not a dominating dragon perch(es).

Mountainside is of my favorites I've made so far. Impasse is fun, I like how it really feels you're at a standstill (hence impasse) with your opponent.