View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2023, 09:47 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: $1,000 Prize Pool - Champion's Circle League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I definitely like that the top 2 of each event auto qualify, performing that well in a big event should be rewarded. I mostly like the second part of the qualifier, but what determines best record? Total wins? Win Pctg? I don’t think I would want to see someone who went 4-1 in one event make it over someone who went 11-4 over 3 events because of win pctg. My suggestion would probably be,

--> Top 2 finishers of EACH qualifier automatically qualify for the Finals event
--> No minimum attendance requirement to make finals
--> 16 Players invited to the Finals would consist of 8 Qualifying players (Top 2 of each event) and 8 of the next Top finishers based on win pctg who played in at least X events. (Leaning 3?)

So no hard attendance requirement, but if you’re not placing top 2 you’ll have to grind a few events.
I'll have to talk to CP about how Heroscape.org represents rankings in a Season of multiple events...but I believe it's still based on Strength of Schedule rather than win percent. I was likely going to just take the rankings as shown using the Heroscape.org tool because I feel like an 11-4 player would likely rank higher on strength of schedule than a 4-1 player would.
It doesn’t appear that way. If you look at the MCS 22-23 season JS is ranked higher than CP with a 4-1 record (.800 win pctg) and CP is 10-3 (.770). I would rather see the 10-3 person make the cut. Just my opinion though

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments