View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2020, 10:49 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 35 - Reverse Draft - Round 4 until 4/16

I got the win v. Crixus33

It was a bit of an uphill battle for Crixus33 given the matchup - my range advantage plus high defense & Mezzos v. spiders.

I built my army very defensively in the startzone (Knights backed by Raelin covering the non-Lava spots near the road) and opened by sending Eldgrim to Kelda to burn it. I then went with MBS for a few turns trying to snipe advancing figures, but didn't hit many skulls before the spiders were on MBS. Round 2 I shifted to Mezzos, and their attacks plus some lava wounds killed the forward spiders. Crixus33 retreated the big bug just before my Crixus OM, so I just positioned Crixus on the road for later.

The next round was mostly positioning with a few small skirmishes - Eldgrim killed a spider and then died and a Mezzo shot a spider.

Round 4 opened with Crixus33 advancing Estivara to use the SA on my Crixus - she hit 2/3 on the special, Crixus went 1/5 defense, and then Estivara hit a 19 (combined with the spider on lodin) killing Crixus in one shot. The spiders then encircled a Mezzo in the north and hit a 15 (combined with lodin) to remove my OM3 on the Mezzos. Lodin was not my friend that turn. For the rest of the round, Crixus33 got my Mezzos down to 1 exo left and I killed about a squad and a half of spiders.

Round 5 I went 2 OMs on Mezzos, which finished most of the spiders but missed the heighted shots on the big bug while losing the last exo and 2 of the Mezzos (to the bug's SA before my last exo was gone). I had OM3 on Knights, which moved up onto the road along with killing one of the last 3 spiders.

Round 6 Crixus33 finally had to bring the big bug into my start zone, and killed Raelin in 2 OMs but died to Knights + Thorgrim attacking for 2 OMs as well.

Round 7 began the slow endgame of my MWs running & gunning against Estivara, Mittens, a few spiders and an Otonashi who never saw the shot coming. Took 3-4 rounds (Mittens lasted a while) but MWs did their thing well.

I won with 3 Knights, Thorgrim, MWs (3 on board), 1 Mezzo, Marcu, & Isamu.