View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2017, 10:49 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Another expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I think it is a matter of resource management. I'm sure each product takes up X amount of time, staff and mfg resources. How much money do you want tied up in a single brand at any given time?

Sure they could go balls in, but that is high risk, high reward. Whereas putting out a few "Christmas" gift games is low risk, low reward. Creating and Printing AotP cards takes away resources from creating and printing MTG cards. Hasbro seems to be about making lots of different games and filling up the shelves of walmart, not making one game and filling a wall in a game store. Each AotP expansion is one lest copy of Monopoly (which continues to sell).

I'm very happy with my AotP game as it stands, augmented by my vast heroscape collection. I may turn out a Large hero custom pack for personal use at some point, and maybe lift a few cards off other custom creators. That said I wouldn't mind seeing a yearly or bi-yearly expansion. I wouldn't go out of my way for a card pack, but would buy it if I saw it in stores.
It seems reasonable that they prefer to play it safe as you described. And to be fair we have enough now that the game is a lot of fun and has just enough diversity to not feel like the same thing over and over.

Perhaps the slow pace is good, it keeps me out of trouble with the wife