View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2023, 07:42 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Canary by Superfrog
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vhg...psi3vBkPv/view
BftU x 2, TJ

This is a good map. There's lots of choices when setting up or when pushing forward. The use of jungle and shadow does a nice job for melee to push. Even with all the defensive bonuses I often found getting higher ground was the right choice (which makes sense). The level one on the edges by the glyphs got a bit stuffy from time to time. I like this map quite a bit actually, but for better or worse when I was playing I kept thinking to myself why aren't I just playing on Dark Fulcrum? It uses the exact same sets and the dungeon and shadow seem satisfactory to stay on why you reinforce your melee. On Canary despite all the defensive bonuses I just wanted higher ground than my opponent.

Going back to the Nightfall review I did earlier, 2 BftU is a lot for a map in my opinion. I think the map has to be superior on almost every level. It's one of the reasons I never thought Black Moon Rising or Wyrmwalk was as good as everyone else does. The only map I've played on with double dungeon that I thought was just so good I couldn't say no to is Stygian Rift. Canary is a very good map. However I don't think it passes my double dungeon handicap to get into the WoS.

I vote no.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G