View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:09 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 7/30 - Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
With regard to the looping problem with Spider-man: what if you had a special power that combined counter-strike with move? Give Spider-man, say, 6 or 7 defense, then say "When Spider-man rolls defense, all extra shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If Spider-man takes no wounds, then he may immediately use Swing Line 4." Or something like that-- it would avoid the looping problem, give Spidey a good counter to weaker squads, but not too much advantage over incredibly powerful super-villains.
Interesting solution, Elginb. A friend of mine came up with something similar for his Mr. Miracle custom. I kinda like it, but I can't use it because my goal with tweaking the original Marvelscape cards is to slightly alter the existing powers, not to replace them with different ones.

As I said, the looping problem is not a significant one to me in casual play, which is the exact environment my custom Spider-Man (and all my other customs, for that matter) is designed for.