View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:44 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I would prefer to use software but there are logistic problems as noted. I would also prefer to minimize some trends in gameplay that are not fair such as stalling. If somebody's playstyle includes stalling, then I don't think it is a bad thing for them to change their style, especially if they are eating up too much of the clock and gaining an advantage by doing so.
I reiterate, I don't think that is a tactic that was being used. Stalling means you are knowingly taking longer with your turns than you normally do. This isn't what was happening. Players got upset because they lost and found something to complain about. The continued assertion that any player purposely went from normal playing mode to slow playing mode is a perception from players who lost; players who had a vested interest in the outcome. I say again: I didn't see anyone nor did I play anyone that purposely slowed down or sped up. In addition, in the 14 tournaments and 64 tournament games I have played I have yet to see this. (stalling when ahead on points)

Two sides to every coin, the person on the losing end is the one complaining. Did anyone that won complain that their opponent took too long? Probably not.

All PD does is change the possibilty; it doesn't remove it.

A must read for all 'Scapers!