View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2021, 12:37 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rulebooks and FAQ - PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
Hmm, I see... There may be a discrepancy regarding the term "official", if the only source for such has been created by players or another third-party, as opposed to publications from the game's designers, which appears to be the case...

It's quite common to find that whole communities or groups of players are basically playing games using 'generally accepted' 'house rules', even when there is no mention of such in any official rule books or anything like that, which can have a huge impact on the fundamentals of the games, which is why official rulings from official sources are very important to me, and why I'm hesitant to blindly comply with what seems like unofficial rulings and whatnot... And, of course, if the majority of players are on board with unofficial/'house' rulings, those who ask for clarification or evidence of such are likely to be perceived as the 'bad guys', for not simply going along with them, and they will be seen and treated as the ones who are playing the game(s) incorrectly....
out of curiosity which ruling is so "highly troubling" to you that you need a signed affidavit to confirm. You do realize that there are the people that designed this game also have accounts on this "community of house rules".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
That's part of what makes me skeptical and desire further clarification... It's unsettling to think that there is no official source of official rulings and such, and that copies saved by player(s) are just to be trusted.
I'm sorry that an archived bunch of text of a out of print game on a "fan site" is so unsettling for you.

I'm going to assume here that perhaps this is either a misunderstanding or a language issue and say this in a different way than the others so that maybe I can help you here.

These FAQ's listed here as OFFICIAL were copied from the OFFICIALS and linked here. So wherever it is you are playing in these super specific competitive arenas, if they are not using these rules... they are the ones playing with 'generally accepted' 'house rules'

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.