View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2018, 10:11 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: Orc's Tips to Improve Fast

I agree with almost all of this. Heroscape is definitely a game of skill, and I absolutely agree to playing B- armies you know rather than A+ armies you don't.

A few weeks ago I played a 3-way free-for-all that ended up basically being 2 vs 1, as I separated the other two from each other.

I was up against krav on one team and warriors of ashra on the other. Pretty solid builds. I managed to destroy one opponent and take out roughly half of the other opponent's army, with a hodgepodge army of shaolins, marro, and orcs. I lost, but it felt like a victory.

Yes, strategy matters. Knowing when to grab glyphs and not matters. Knowing when to press the offensive or fall back matters.

However, I do disagree with the "don't blame the dice" rule. I have seen Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackle a full health Charos. You can't seriously mean that a game like that is winnable and that the dice did not decide the game on occasion?