View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2015, 01:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Men Vs Shi'ar: Battle For the Throne

If you're reading the OP for the first time, you are seeing the email I sent to my three buddies in the New York City Gang of Four when I was preparing for my turn as Game Master in our monthly rotation. Since I was proud of how short it was, I want to add some other information for the general online public here on a separate post.

A few years ago, for those who don't know the story, I spend a month on The Great Supers Card Hunt. I am a Heroscape Supers player who enjoys C3G, but also the supers cards made by myself and many other independent designers here online. I combed through both the long C3G Books of Index list and the A-Z of Custom Created Superheroes (Independent Creators List) which is stickied at the top of the Comic Hero Custom Creations area, and then went page by page through every one of the threads in that section, (some of which are no longer active) taking my favorite card(s) to make as many comic heroes and villains available for my table as possible.

The result is an online resource you can use called The Chas Quickscan Master Lists here in the Marvelscape subforum, again in that same section. Updated periodically, they today list almost 800 different characters from Marvel, DC, and Independent comics universes--with a seperate list for Superheroes and Supervillains. There are also Super Team Rosters so you can fill out your game with various members of the same team if you like--from The X-Men and The Legion of Superheroes to Darkseid's Court and Shi'ar Aliens. There are also support categories such as the Police, the Army, Terrorists, Non-Super Powered Villains, and etc.

These lists do not contain the cards themselves, but have the point costs, designers, team membership, and other data which you can use of to find the cards you hope exist. Once you know there is in fact a card for a character, you can search it out on one of the longer lists noted above, or the threads of individual designers such as Grey Owl, Griznakh, Drewman-chu, Sherman Davies, and many, many others. I have hard copy cards for them all in my own files printed out, and you can build your own library for future games.

And you can even design your own. Most of us start out with characters that no one has made yet to bridge gaps, but sometimes want to create our own versions of our favorites. Everyone loves to hear that you've tried their stuff out, and what you thought. If you decide to permanently modify their designs, the ethos here is just to give them the credit for the original. Feel free!

The armies generated in the above scenario are based on my Super Team Roster lists, and gave me in fact a chance to update them and the Master Lists. Which means that hopefully new versions will be appearing soon...

Meanwhile, you can follow the adventures of The NYCG4 on its own thread in the General Discussion section of the first Official Heroscape subforum, including our Classic, Customs, Supers, Arena of the Planeswalkers, and Mixed Scape games using most or all of them together.

Last edited by chas; November 6th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.