View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2021, 07:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I just want to be clear that it’s my understanding that the Wulfings were *real.* This is not from mythology. It’s real.

Changing “Amazon” to “Ashra” is precisely the type of thing that should happen here. It’s not hard but I’m talking to a wall on this point.

I have been asked to speak up in advance when I see problems with SoV nominees, because the bar for entry into the canon is high. We are demanding. It’s not enough that things are “good enough.” Designs should be the best they can be.

So here I am, pointing out a problem - not a big one, but there are zero designs from real human history planted on other planets, and there is no reason to do so here other than stubbornness - and all I’m getting is “no big deal.”

This will keep happening. Compromised, inadequate designs will keep limping past this stage, so they can get to the voters who actually care that the design is as good as it can possibly be, and I guess we’ll have to be the ones who go on caring about the details.

I’ve shared my thoughts. This is a minor element of the design but it’s not in conformance with the canon. Is it close? Maybe. Is “close” good enough? No.

Again I apologize that units struggle after approval by the SoV. But what you’re seeing here is why. There’s a problem, and all I’m getting is “good enough, no need to address that minor issue.” Even though fixing it would be child’s play.

Don’t care here? Fine. We’ll discuss it later.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =