View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:25 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

A game I'll be rescuing from the closet soon to get back on the table is Shogun by Queen Games, aka "Dice Tower Shogun;" 3-5 Players, 2006. Everyone loves it, and it just got lost in the shuffle of so many games. I even have the first simple expansion ("Tenno's Court" 2011), which I paid too much for--the original price was infamous for what you got in the box--and haven't even used yet! Hopefully after we play it once with my newer crowd I'll be able to add it in.

Here's a 12 minute intro video:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/...ideo-review-hd

It was later Kickstarted in a 'Big Box' Edition with wooden instead of cardboard buildings, and more mini-expansions which apparently no one plays with. Its the same game as their Wallenstein (Thirty Years War) with a different map. Both games suffered from poor distribution to the USA in the old days, but now have Second Editions, and are more easily available. I have not tried the second game, but most people seem to prefer Shogun.

Last edited by chas; April 12th, 2017 at 07:31 AM.