View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Wyvern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
So what would be the proper Wyvern-Spider ratio?

I kind of think it is number of wyverns +1= number of spider squads.

1 squad of spiders is just a pain. They almost never survive long enough to get to use their web special. The Wyvern helps quite a bit by being able to bring back something for them to try it on, but at soon as one dies, you're out of luck. Drafting at least two allows you to lose a couple and still be able to use their web special. It also allows you to send out five and leave on sitting in the start zone to manage predator order markers like Warlord Alpha said. With a wyvern to deal with, I doubt an enemy is going to worry about the spiders until the wyvern is gone, or unless they are engaged to a spider and don't want to chance a disengagement hit. That said, I think anymore than one squad of spiders per wyvern (after the extra one for casualty purposes) is too much. You'll end up with a bunch of spiders sitting on the field with no more predators to bond with.

Of course, if you bring Estivara along, Spiders get boosted up to where they may offer a threat to enemy figures, and the ratio could then be altered accordingly.
I like the following:

1 Wyvern = 2 spider squads
1 Wyvern + Venoc Warlord = 2 spider squads if you have more scouts (read: Vipers or Mohicans), 3 if not.
1 Wyvern + Estivara = 3 squads
1 Wyvern + Estivara + Venoc Warlord = 3-4 squads, depending on other scouts
Sujoah = unplayable now that Wyvern and Estivara can be played in the same army for less than him and do nearly exactly the same thing, except they also grab people and boost the Spiders' attack.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57