View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I agree with Ranior.

There are a lot of neat ideas for sure, it is a very ambitious design. I think it was quite the feat just to get it to the point Rob did. But no designer in the world would have been able to make it a great game, while maintaining the same or similar aspects of it.

The luck and randomness are everywhere. While that may offer different experiences for different groups, it does make it somewhat frustrating during the game.
I would think it would get frustrating having to lose every game while you try to pass the other guys continuously behind them from a mistake or two early game. I looked at this game from all the hype but held off. Its good I did, I don't think it would be a good fit for me or the guys I play games with every so often. Its a little hard for us to do campaign style for the most part.

On another note: I just thought up a great solution for frostgrave figures that I already have a bunch of but am getting a ton more of the like. Any of you guys that have the Zombicide Black Plague Board Game and/or the expansions. All of those survivors in the box all have classes somewhat and are sculpted the same. A handful of them have crossbows, bows, swords, daggers, some are wizard type figures. There is a neat looking necromancer in the box. There are a bunch of wolves and even more cool hero figures in the wulfsburg box and hero box 1. On top of that, I'm getting massive darkness through kickstarter. That has a ton of cool themed hero characters including thieves, rogues, wizards, a barbarian, a ranger, etc. Not to mention all the different monsters including demons, and a bunch of others. Exciting stuff. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on the subject.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo