View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2021, 12:01 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Acolarh

Yep R˙chean is right. In the very best elf builds I think there's almost no reason to take Emiroon.

The reason for this is really just a product of tournament boards. On pretty much all tournament boards, you can set something up directly outside your startzone and just chill there. There's no point in extending Emiroon out to the center of the board to pull your elf wizards there. Elf wizards are up there with Mimring in terms of sheer damage they can do from very long range; between Jorhdawn 7 range 4 attack AOE and Chardris 6 range 5 attack, you can really put pressure on your opponent. Getting closer to your opponent with Emiroon puts your elves in riskier spots, and you're not spending points on something that actually helps you kill or survive whatever your opponent is throwing at you. If Emiroon did not exist, I'm confident no one would feel the need for the Elves to have a summoning figure.

Raelin is just simply much better. She covers the area right outside your startzone that you're going to be in anyways. Raelin also counterintuitively actually helps heroes slightly more than squads, especially low defense heroes like the Elves. With heroes it's meaningful to be able to turn a 3 skull blow from 2 wounds to only 1, with a squad they would probably die to 3 skulls even with Raelin. Also a massive Achille's heel of the elf wizards is vulnerability to Ulginesh assassination, so turning Ulginesh into a 5 defense 5 life tank helps a ton and allows you to use Kyntela to defend your front line elves.

Where I've actually had the most success with Emiroon is late game, using him defensively to get out of sticky situations, since he can move your Elves very far without them taking LEAs. You can chain together Emiroon move -> Emiroon summon -> take turn with summoned figure (if Ulginesh is still alive) to seriously turn on the gas. He also has the same generic wizard benefits that Acolarh has, where it's just nice to have somebody that can help give Jorhdawn and Chardris all their dice. Emiroon is not as bad as Acolarh, but I'd certainly take Raelin, Chardris, and Morsbane over him in the "optional" slots in an elf build.