View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
While I have my favorites the same as anyone else, the No. 1 thing I'm looking for in Marvelscape is... Marvelscape.

As far as playability goes, I would put the 10 heroes in TCB up against any two vanilla hero packs, no question about it. Maybe the Lindesfarme/Elswin double-team has a chance to do better, but that's about it-- too many classic unique packs have too many bad heroes. Marvel is maybe the most efficient way to get good build-around heroes. If WotC releases more superheroes at this level of quality, there is no chance I will not buy them.

The asphalt and warehouse wall are great pieces-- my favorite terrain by far. The thought of bridge segments, pillars, rubble, etc. built to the same standards of looks, size, and interactivity is very enticing. If WotC releases more terrain at this level of quality, there is no chance I will not buy it.

As happy as I am that the line is surviving the change-over to WotC, what I'll drop on four unique booster packs per year is not a lot of income compared to what I would spend on major city expansions that are the equal of TCB in usefulness. I really hope the Marvel line gets more ambitious-- more big terrain pieces, some destructible cars and barricades, some major vehicles. Limiting yourself to 20 figures in 2008 is leaving a lot of money on the table.