View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2019, 10:13 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Heroscape Tournament at Polar Vortex, Jan 18 Naperville, IL

Hello 'scapers from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and anyone else who wants to attend!

I will be at Polar Vortex Con, running a Heroscape tournament on Jan 18. You can find info on the con here: https://polarvortex.games/ We will begin Saturday morning at 10AM and finish by 2PM.

Badges for the con are $15 for one day or $35 for the whole con (Fri through Sunday). Kids 12 and under are free! The event is $2 (which is the minimum price) in addition to buying a badge for the event. More info here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/...20/schedule/39

Since this is my first time organizing and running a tournament I am going to keep the format simple and classic: bring a 450-point army that uses 24 hexes or less. I capped the event at 8 players because I wasn't sure how many maps I could bring by myself. If attendance is good we can look at increasing it for next year. If there are an odd number players I myself will participate so nobody has to sit out any rounds.

Update: As of Sat Jan 11 we are sold out! The maps we are using will be:
Hot Heights with 2 randomly chosen glyphs
Embattled Fen with a permanent wound glyph
Quasatch Playground with 2 randomly chosen glyphs
Blackroot with 2 randomly chosen treasure glyphs

Glyph Pool: Damgar (initiative), Kelda (healer), Gerda (defense), Lodin (d20), Ulaniva (unique attack), Valda (movement)
Treasure Glyph Pool: Bracers of Teleportation, Brooch of Shielding, Giant Hunter Stone, Whetstone of Venom

Since there are only 8 players and 4 rounds of Swiss, the last round won't necessarily be a championship round. Instead I'll be applying a weighted strength-of-schedule to break any ties. We will be using full-card scoring. Let me know if you have questions about how it works.

PS: There will be prizes! Courtesy of my wife's business, Your Baby Can Geek, we will have custom T-shirts and stuff!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.

Last edited by Clarissimus; January 11th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.