View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation
Thank you for the constructive criticism. Now I can really get to work revising this thing...

Some thoughts:
Using bardsong instead of moving is a very good idea I had not thought of. I definately want to work that in.

Mask of Disguise was supposed to follow his magic item in D&D, the mask of disguise. The disguise self ability it has is meant to last only until an offensive action is taken. Obviously this is not very conducive to Heroscapery so I tried to make another limit. Some considerations for it:
a. Lasts whole game. Many pros to this one.
b. Lasts until the Masked Gnome destroys a figure. This would keep with the theme of the spell only lasting until offensive action is taken although it kinda devalues his elf slayer ability
c. At the end of each round roll the d20. On a roll of 19 or higher, remove all mask counters from all cards.
d. Also the issue of being able to change his disguise mid-game interests me. Perhaps if a player wanted to switch he could try, but he would have to roll a d20 for each enemy figure with line of sight to him. If he rolls a 1, remove all mask counters from all army cards.
The reason for removing all mask counters is because although he is unique both sides can legally draft him into their armies. Thus it is possible for there to be more than one mask counter in play at any given time

Elf Slayer is, while perhaps not always effective, important to the theme of the character, I feel, as he really does hate Elves in my D&D game.

A point reduction, from your analysis, does seem to be in order. Must playtest a lot more, I guess. Thanks for the input!

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs