Thread: Sports: NFL
View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2015, 12:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Lots of plays are great if they work. But the point is to not be results oriented. I was questioning the call when I saw Wilson throwing, before I had any awareness of the player in a position to get a pick.

It was just a crazy, crazy bad call. It easily deserves the ridicule it has received.

The poor Seattle OC, desperately trying to rationalize that which cannot be rationalized, said "We were conscious of how much time was on the clock and we wanted to use it all." This is, needless to say, insane. If they complete that pass, obviously, they don't use any additional time. If the pass is incomplete, the clock stops.

What he said was actually an excellent rationale for running Lynch. Either he gets the score, or he is stopped and you can run another 20 seconds off the clock, then run your third down play, then call your last timeout with a couple seconds left if you are stopped again.