View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2016, 01:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
If Player 1's Werewolf Lord infects Player 2's Sir Hawthorne with Lycanthropy, and then takes a turn with Hawthorne via Moon Frenzy, should a Stab in the Back roll be performed? If so, by which player (Player 1 after taking the turn via Moon Frenzy, or Player 2 after control of Hawthorne is returned)?
Here's how I'd play it:

WL Moon Frenzies Sir H, takes the turn and then rolls Stab in the Back. On a "1", before Sir H is returned to his owner via Moon Frenzy, Sir H is given to the opponent of the WL owner's choice, losing his OMs as he goes. After he is given to that opponent, he returns to the original owner at the conclusion of Moon Frenzy.
Necro, but this seems wrong to me. It doesn't look like the slightly different wordings of the triggers for SitB and Moon Frenzy came into play here.

Relevant powers (emphasis added to what seem like the key texts):
Stab In the Back
After you take a turn with Sir Hawthorne, you must roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 1, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Sir Hawthorne. Remove any order markers on this Army Card, then give the card to that opponent.

Moon Frenzy
After revealing an order marker on this Werefolf Lord, before taking this Werewolf Lord's turn, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may first take a turn with any Hybrid Hero in play. If you take a turn with an opponent's Hybrid Hero, you control that hero for the duration of its turn. At the end of its turn, control of the Hybrid Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
To me, "at the end of [a] turn" should happen before "after you take a turn". So the sequence goes:
  • WWL hits his moon frenzy
  • WWL owner takes a turn with Sir Hawthorne
  • WWL returns control of Sir Hawthorne to his original owner at the end of Sir Hawthorne's turn, per Moon Frenzy
  • Sir Hawthorne's turn is now over
  • It is now "after" Sir Hawthorne's turn, so we have reached the juncture for Stab in the Back... but the controlling player did not take the turn. Therefore, the controlling player does not meet the condition for rolling for SitB. Since only a controlling player can use the power on the card, nobody rolls for Stab in the Back.

I realize that this is an odd ruling... but really, any ruling here is going to be kind of odd in one way or another. I think appreciating the distinction between "at the end of [a] turn" and "after taking a turn" makes as much sense as anything else.

(FWIW, thematically, this seems perfectly reasonable. Hawthorne just got taken over by a feral rage and doesn't even remember doing what he just did. He doesn't remember the turn he just took, so why would he stop to consider betrayal now?)