View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2015, 02:50 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Comments On The TaeblewalkerScape Secret Wars Map: Seeking Solitude

Captain America: Hey--its a giant swastika!

Thor: In truth, the 'Fiery Wheel' is a very old symbol in mortal history, going back to premonotheistic times in a number of cultures, including that of India.

Zatanna: Its more spiritual than magical, although these things are all connected. Super types need to pay attention, though. Remember when Circe turned Wonder Woman into a pig? (Editor's Note: see Justice League Unlimited). Batman was very put out, although we did get to hear him sing.

Vision: I could only fly up or down when in my insubstantial form.

Gold: What a team we fielded on that map--a god, a sorceress, an android, a robot, and an augmented human! I think we've got most of the interspecies bases covered in The Justice Avengers! Not to mention both major comic companies...

Chas: And Kolakoski has now declared Griznakh's cards legal in his next 'mixed' game. Hooray! Now if he'll only accept more of my own...

The interesting one hex change of level on the battlements in several places meant building the castle wall sections unevenly; some on the table itself and some on a one high hex base, which was a pain, and had to be accomplished with a hammer (and I HATE Hammering plastic)! However, it was fun once it was up. I see Kolakosi's next map is full of castle goodness as well--fun to play but also relatively tough to build.

Proxies Used

Having to provide three armies worth of cards and figures, I came up with some interesting ones again this time around. No matter how many figures I own, we usually need some substitutes in our games, since we use such a wide range of different designers cards. Since K. doesn't collect supers, and TW's are currently in storage, I supply them for all but SD, who brings his own.

This time around, they were:

Beyonder: Researcher
Super Skrulls: KL'RT--Skrull Commando RL'NND--Parademon Drill Sgt.
Spawn: Black Panther
Obsidian: Flash as Blue Lantern
Predator: Calypso

Good Strategy: Game 1

Sherm had the idea of killing the Beyonder, and I backed his play. In the event, it didn't work as such, but our putting more markers on him pulled him onto our side of the board, where I'd say he was more of an advantage than disadvantage, although the evils did continue to use him against us. A great and creative scenario by Taeblewalker! Note tha it Used that old 'neutral character' we first saw in that last series of Official But Onsite Only D&DScaoe scenarios in 'Crazy Troll,' now transferred to the Supers sphere.

Good Strategy: Game 2

Without the Beyonder (my suggestion), I thought it would be easier for the other guys. Wow, it sure was! Just as we clobbered them in the first game, they totally trashed us in the second. This saw TWs die rolls improve markedly, and working together they managed to beat Captain America from a distance. Toward the end of the game we all laughed as Gold (my filler, from The Metal Men), chosen for his team Leader ability (similar to Classic Ornak) and not even using his other powers, managed to put the kibosh on not one but two previously wounded enemies with plain old regular attacks of only three dice! Pow! Zap! Getting Captain America and Gold, my two non-flyers, up the ladder was a big part of my opening strategy in the second game.

Last edited by chas; March 29th, 2015 at 03:26 PM.