View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Army or Air Force?

The key differences as far as I am aware:

* Army is more likely to have active combat duty in a deployment.
* Air Force has a higher percentage of officers (have to be an officer to be a pilot). This might be a minus if you aren't going to do ROTC in college.
* Army is going to make you run more and do more PT

Otherwise if there is a specific MOS that you can only get in one or the other, there is a lot that is going to look virtually identical. My dad was Air Force many, many moons ago and did communications. Today he probably would have done something more like network administration. My brother-in-law was in the Army for about the last 15 years and he did some sort of network administration. I believe in the Iraq invasion he did network stuff that allowed all branches of the military to share information during operations, share their "eyes and ears". There is a lot of overlap and duplication in MOS's, but I don't know anything about if one or the other has some highly specialized MOS that the others don't.

Personally I would choose Air Force because I would have a lower probability of being KIA and I hate running, but your mileage may vary.