View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:40 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Strategies vs Dwarves

I actually play Dwarves whenever I get the chance. I usually run a core of:
Axegrinders x4
Darrak Ambershard
Mogrimm Forgehammer
360/18

I really like this core for the Dwarves. The commons obviously counter large huge, but they are generally the one's with the high powered special attacks. This allows me to keep Mogrimm safe from most of that stuff. Against commons and/or normal attack Mogrimm is just a beat stick and a tank. In my eyes they cover each others weaker points.

Darrak can be vicious. My general plan with him is to lose out on a few turns attacking with him until I can get one or two Grinders engaged to more than one thing. Once that happens I'll miss a kill and leave at least one still engaged for Darrak to smack. This turns into a pattern after awhile.

Migol isn't worth his salt unless I can have 5-6 squads and that's over hex limits. I just need more fodder out of my commons, and he is the weakest hero. Ya, he hits hard and statistically hits for more dice than Darrak. But when you consider the intended situations you'll see that Darrak will throw 6 dice more often than Migol will throw 3... way more often.

I've had trouble with high mobility more than just brute force. Ya, Knights will fair better, but I expect that. (Who doesn't?) What really bothers me to see across the table is a figure like Kaemon Awa, he has a special multi attack and is a medium hero. Not to mention he has counter strike. I've been ripped up by well played Marro Warriors, so I'd assume KMA can duplicate that. Oddly I've had more problems with the Unique (and highly mobile) squads than with anything else.

Anyway, I hope that helps you find some kind of counter. I think it helps to know why people draft them, and those are my reasons.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.