View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:12 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: JerseyScape: 250+150 Pod Draft Flex Tourney, 3/5/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post
Bad news guys. The event on 3/5 needs to be cancelled. I called the store this afternoon and they are starting a re-modeling project this weekend and will not have their player space available. The owner did remember I discussed the event with him and was very apologetic about it (which will translate into some future prize support). I did say we will re-schedule, but I will check with him on the their progress first.
This is disappointing but we do have the event in Baltimore in a couple of weeks to look forward to as well. I do plan to make the trek down and I do believe I'll have at least one, maybe up to 3 others join me. It would be awesome if we could get a caravan together!

I'll update the title of the thread to say cancelled and will reschedule.
"... disappointing ..." INDEED, especially since I finally decided just yesterday that YES, I could take a break to get away from here for my mental health by attending. Life has a crazy way of keeping us way too busy sometimes. However, it's not inconceivable considering this group's history of unsuccessful events during the Winter.

Well I guess the good news is the rescheduled event will be held in a newly renovated Family Fun Hobbies and will most likely occur in Spring which although it may have seemed like it started last week, won't officially begin for two more weeks. And . . . because I felt inspired last night, I already have eight armies built for it ( 16x pods ).

Caravan-ing to Baltimore, seems like a great idea. @Dad_Scaper always runs a great event. When is it? I could meet you in Deepwater, since I'd be taking Rt. 40 from A.C. to Del Mem Br. Or maybe the new Rest Area on Del Turnpike (I-95) near Christiana would be better for rendezvous-ing.

Also, in the 'Oh By The Way Category,' I asked my friend Greg about the next time that his Park Church will be holding another all day board gaming event on a Saturday for his BoardGameGeek Guild ( the "Exit 105 Gamers"). He told me that they don't have a definite date yet, but would like to plan something in conjunction with Wil Weaton's International Tabletop Board Gaming Day (WWITTBGD), which I believe is Wednesday April 19th. So keep 4/15 & & 4/22 open until I get confirmation.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE