View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Nadi's Gigantic Huge Map Thread... :)

Nadi, I really like King of the Mountain.
The big hill in the middle has some lofty perches, but it also seems a slog to get there without flying ability and makes a player work to obtain the high point. But at the same time, flying 2-based units have room to go in and work their magic on the oppostion. There looks to be some sweet spots for Raelin to get cozy and cover warriors with her aura while protecting herself from flak
Have you played this layout? I'd like to know how it plays.
I've had limited success making simple maps with a large hill in the middle - I've found the Tundra terrain set with heavy snow/slippery ice conditions made it a task to reach the much coveted height advantage zone - and I like that trade-off for advantageous regions. But I'm going to have to keep King in mind when I want to do a snowless layout with a big hill in the middle!

Very nice stuff!
King of the Mountain - 2RtFF

Okay, this layout is too gorgeous for words.
I'm digging it!
The Bonded Spirit - 3RtFF