View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:32 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How to counter Turtle/steamroll/blitz armies

Look at this guide I wrote up (about the same time as this was posted actually).

You didn't really go deep enough with your concept here OY!IH. The 4th Mass, 10th Reg, and Stingers (don't think the last two were mentioned yet though) as qualify as what I refer to as Steam Roller units. They are ranged, yes, but use short - mid ranged attacks. Because of this, they typically have to move across the board in a big group otherwise they get thinned out and can't take advantage of their WTF bonus with maximum effect.

There is much more to playing a 4th Mass/10th Reg army than simply gaining high ground and waiting for your opponent to come to you...why would they, they are at a significant disadvantage. Instead, you need to have a significant amount of figures on the board and moving forward for them to reach their maximum potential. WTF is not what makes them great, its the fact that they are common and have 4 activations each turn.

And...if Cyprien really wants to fly into a bunch of 4th Mass, I'll gladly take 4 shots of 3-4 at him in exchange for (most likely) one figure a turn till he's dead.