View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I prefer avatars on the left. PLEASE, PLEASE, avatars on the left! Funrun, what is the max size for avatrs in pixels now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
I changed back the alignment of the posts. I like the horizontal far better for our fixed size, it eats less horizontal post room.
I guess it depends on which setting you use. I changed mine to wide (so it would span the whole screen instead of the middle 1/3) and having the pictures on the side of the post greatly reduces the post sizes.
Yea, that's the thing. I don't like the narrow setting (like a large number of others, apparently, since it keeps getting asked about). On the wide setting, having the avatars on top is more space-consuming.

I'd give more rep to Funrun, but she's already an admin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
I changed back the alignment of the posts. I like the horizontal far better for our fixed size, it eats less horizontal post room.
I guess it depends on which setting you use. I changed mine to wide (so it would span the whole screen instead of the middle 1/3) and having the pictures on the side of the post greatly reduces the post sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Grrrrrr.

You not only switched it back to the ugly, ugly horizontal, it got rid of the nice BLACK line between posts & signatures.
I tried to explain the benefits to truth and a few other admins that having the avatars on the left makes for easier page reading and skimming in both Wide and narrow formats. I noticed the effects immediately myself just in trying to read and skim this thread, it was SO much easier not having to figure out where the avatar info and signatures started and stopped. Alas, the slightly higher power than me is equally as adamant that the avatars on the left makes the text on the right too squished, whereas I actually found it much easier to read at that "squished" size.

To answer other questions:
-the current avatar size is noted on the User CP page where you upload the avatar.
-someone has given me reputation points already, so even though I'm Admin it must count for something

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.