View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Shurrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
If a power activates at the same time, and D20 roll is required to see which activates first.
If these powers were at the same time, or rather specified to trigger at the same time, I would agree.

The consensus here seems to be that for the others powers that trigger "after defense dice are rolled" (like Scatter), Knockback happens first because of the word "immediately." That is being taken to be a keyword to mean it happens before other powers that trigger at the same time.

The timing is even less clear for powers like Stealth Armor and Cell Divide, which trigger when a figure receives wounds. Is there time between the rolling of defense dice and the assignment of wounds? If so, Knockback would trigger before those powers would prevent the wounds. That is, Knockback could not be used against a figure that is saved by Stealth Armor. I see the argument, but I'm willing to bet that is not how anyone plays it, or how it was envisioned when designed.

The Counter Strike question is whether or not the counter strike occurs before "when a figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed." If so, Shurrak could be killed before Knockback is triggered. I tend to agree with this interpretation, but it's a very fine line we're drawing.