View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2018, 06:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Would it be too messy/strong to end the player's turn when Chameleon is revealed and give a free turn to Chameleon? I do also like LO's idea of rolling an unblockable attack die against a nearby figure.

Also it might be fun, rather than popping the suspect back to the start zone, to let the player who controls the suspect place them somewhere within clear sight of Chameleon. Imagine the real one showing up to yell "imposter!". That seems weaker than putting them in the start zone though, so probably don't do that unless he ends up needing to be toned down a bit.

Yes that would be turn interruption...big no-no

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
My point was that it seems very odd that he can teleport from one character to another one across the board just by being unengaged and then teleport a different enemy back to their start zone in each round...also feels extremely annoying to play against. I waste OM getting people moved about only to have half my army placed back in the start zone because Chameleon somehow morphed into a different figure between rounds.
It seems odd to me that if current Chameleon goes up against the FF, and Reed sees another Sue appear in the place that Chameleon was, he trusts that Sue more than the one that's been standing next to him protecting him with force fields all game. There's always gonna be some weirdness in impersonation powers.

He's not that efficient at bumping your figures back to the SZ. You can stop him from using the power entirely just by engaging him. I've played against Angstrom Levy without pulling my hair out, and I promise Chameleon doesn't touch his efficiency at figure-banishing.
I'm not really wanting to argue old cards, rather just discuss this one. The rest is arbitrary to this point. However, full disclosure, I've never played Levy so that may be why I'm more concerned.

I don't see how you can say he's not efficient at bumping figures back to the SZ...isn't it automatic once the marker is revealed...why wouldn't you not put it on a figure that you know they are taking a turn with...the efficiency is that you either have to skip your turn or it works...either way it's a win.

I mean unless you clump all your figures together it seems pretty easy to not have him engaged.

Sorry, I'm just trying to imagine this in play...specifically I'm thinking of a Luke Cage with Spidey build since that is the only build with Spidey I can wrap my head around right now...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.