View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:42 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: KC's Scenarios, Campaigns, Traps and Random Ideas

I added the first dungeon in the Betrayals of Utgar campaign - The Caverns Beneath Migol's Tomb. I have a link to the download, build instructions and scenario instructions in the first post.

If you wanted to build the entire dungeon, you would need 5 D&D sets. However, there are 2 Save Points (the 7 hex sand pieces with Violet start spaces that surround a glyph of Sturla) in the dungeon that the heroes can use to save their progress. Once they reach a Save Point, they'll never have to play the prior two rooms, so they can be disassembled and used for the next two rooms. Or, since each room only needs 1 D&D set to build, if that's all you have, you can play it one room at a time.

There's some backstory in the instructions here, and you'll see there's a bit of a gap between what I have posted above and that. I'll fill that in soon enough, but I wanted to get this up here since it's my first downloadable dungeon I've actually posted to the thread.

I think, if you just played through this with a 500 point army of heroes, you'd be pretty hard-pressed to win it. The heroes will need many healing items to make it through alive. If you want to try the dungeon outside of the scenario, I'd go about it like this:

The Players army gets:

Drake RotV - 110
Raelin RotV - 190
Syvarris - 290
Other non-Huge heroes that don't follow Utgar - 210

I'd give the party 5 Potions of Healing and 5 Glyphs of Sturla (see first post of this thread for rules on those glyphs) at least to start. The campaign party will have been to a couple towns and through a couple random and non-random battles before they reach here, giving them ample Gold to buy some stuff.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57