View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape's Birthday 8/8/2004 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Last January, I mentioned in a different thread, the idea of giving Heroscape a birth date and suggested it be 8/8/2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
So this is where it all begins. The IT LIVES!!!! post by hero tells me the general public could not get this in June or July. Scrolling through the snapshots, it seems the game's introduction was done at both ComiCon (7/22-25) and GenCon (8/19-22) 2004. In between the two conventions, there's a post by hero titled IT'S HERE!!!! on 8/8/2004 where he says he bought a master set at WalMart. I'm guessing it first hit store shelves in the previous week; so August is good enough for me. I vote we make 8/8/2004 the birth date for Heroscape based on hero's IT'S HERE!!! post on HS.Net.
I like the idea of using the date hero first purchased a master set as Heroscape's birth date. Another date could be the game's official publication, which I believe was in June 2004, but I'm not sure what the exact publication date is yet.

What do you guys think? Should we give Heroscape a birth date?
Cool idea, Gary. I like Heroscape birthday concept. If it were up to me, I'd rely on a date closer to "IT LIVES!!!" because:
  1. the title ("lives" implies it has been born),
  2. it is the first (?) documented point that a fan had a copy, and
  3. it is further away from NHSD (and Gencon) so it would be easier to co-opt as another date to rally around for tournament purposes (only 2 more to go to have quarterly rallying dates--something around New Year and April Fools?).
The "IT LIVES!!!" post is dated at midnight of July 8, 2004, so hero surely had it a minute prior (July 7) which is another easy-to-remember date: 7/7/2004. But I'm cool with 8/8/2004 as well. (I suppose if we asked Craig/Rob/Stephen they would probably supply a different date altogether.)

(On a side note: so is NHSD targeted around the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October? I've seen conflicting information. Earlier in this thread it is mentioned it is around the 2nd Saturday and elsewhere I've seen the 3rd mentioned. I ask because I may end up hosting the event this year for us Wisconsin heroscapers.)

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; August 7th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.