View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:14 AM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker
Re: Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Quote:
Wilbin Goodbody:

If I were you, I'd give Illusion Wilbin Goodbody his own card. Drop regular Wilbin down to 35 points and make his Illusion 10 points.

Then you'd have something like:
Quote:
SLY ILLUSION
Wilbin Goodbody starts the game with 3 Illusion Markers on his Army Card. Before taking a turn with Wilbin Goodbody, if Illusion Wilbin Goodbody is not on the board, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, remove an Illusion Marker from this card and place Illusion Wilbin Goodbody adjacent to Wilbin Goodbody. After taking a turn with Wilbin Goodbody, you may take a turn with Illusion Wilbin Goodbody. Figures adjacent to both Wilbin Goodbody and Illusion William Goodbody subtract 2 from their defense.
and Illusion Wilbin Goodbody would have:

Quote:
JUST AN ILLUSION (dumb name, but I came up with it on the spot)
Illusion Wilbin Goodbody does not start the game on the Battlefield. He must be placed on the battlefield by Wilbin Goodbody.
That's not 100% identical to what you have mechanically, but I think it's much smoother.

Somebody noted that your coin flip mechanic is the same as rolling 11+ on a d20. If you don't like the potential for boosts and all that, you could also make it an attack die:

Quote:
HALFLING LUCK
If Wilbin Goodbody is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may re-roll one of the dice that showed a skull. If it does not show a skull, Wilbin Goodbody takes no damage.
I also think 8 move is a tad high. 7 is probably appropriate.
I like these comments! It's tough to get the wording right sometimes when you have an idea for a unique ability. And for the Halfling Luck Ability, I think you've convinced me to change it to what you have written! I wasn't sure on how to re-create "luck" without the odds of calling a coin flip which was why I went in that direction initially. And if I have hopes of one day getting a figure (or figures hopefully!) into the C3V / SoV then I better play more in the sandbox. Regardless of that I think the change to dice from coin is a much better adjustment, plus you don't need to worry about situations where you don't have a coin on standby!

Quote:
Gunnvaldr

Does Wild War Cry work on any Order Marker he reveals, as long as OM 1 is/was on him? If you want it to be only OM 1, it should say "before taking that turn".

Astro brought up the Dreadguls, and I really wonder if you designed him with them in mind. He'd be a cool bonding hero for them for sure.

I think it's probably worth dropping his attack to 5 (or 4) and increasing the non-moving bonus to +2.
I wanted the Wild War Cry to work similarly to Ornak's Red Flag of Fury. I definitely don't want it to be an ability that can be used through Bonding so perhaps it does need to be re-worded to make that more clear. Believe it or not while I was brainstorming this figure, I did stumble upon the Dreadguls and it did give me some inspiration, in fact I originally wanted to named the figure Ulrick (father of Thorgrimm, Finn, and Valguard) but I didn't feel comfortable making a card for a "semi-canon" figure that I didn't know much about (I did try to do some research but I couldn't come across anything new to me). I'm going to drop his attack to 5, in the couple of battles I tried him in he was destroying pretty much anything that engaged him. I did want him to be strong since he looks it but he can't be too strong otherwise there would be a disconnect and it would make him pretty unrealistic.

Quote:
Zefra Wildforest

A minor comment to start: If Deadeye Dan, 10 spaces away, attacks Zefra, it doesn't make much sense that Zefra can use First Strike to attack back.

Only one major comment here: First Strike breaks one of the niche rules of Heroscape. As a rule, a figure can only attack during its turn, and only one card can take a turn at a time. So you're having Zefra attack out of turn, which is a no-no.

I'd suggest looking at the Quick Draw power on Garrett Burns, which solves both the turn-stacking problem and the range problem.
Good catch ahaha I meant to indicate that First Strike would only work on targets within her range. Out of the three cards posted so far she is the figure I've play tested the least and it was only one battle where she only destroyed 3 squad figures, so not really showing much of what she's capable of doing. The idea behind this card was to create a counter range like ability that wasn't counter strike. I've seen Garrett Burns's card before but it didn't stick in my mind when making this character (perhaps it wasn't until after I made this card that I saw his?) I like his Quick Draw power a lot, that seems to be very similar to what I had in mind for abilities... may even have to recycle that power!