Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Diplomacy

Anyone here interested in a game of Diplomacy?

Diplomacy over the internet, done right, is an investment of a significant period of time. Not lots of hours in one week, but lots of smaller blocks of time over a much longer period. And if you agree to play and then drop out or go silent during the game, you are significantly harming the experience for the remaining players.

On the other hand, it is a truly great game. Of all the older games I know - chess, Scrabble, Risk, whatever - it is the only one that I believe is still the kind of its niche. It is an abstract (in the sense that there are no random elements) game of negotiation and tactics set at the dawn of 20th century Europe, and it needs seven to play.

Any interest?

Spoiler Alert!

And, over three years later, at the dawn of our fourth game, here are the standings:
History of the Heroscapers Dipomacy Games:

Game 1: 2 Way Draw (Kinseth/Turkey-kevindola/Italy) - March 2017
Game 2: Solo (Kinseth/Russia) - August 2017
Game 3: Solo (Kinseth/Austria) - Feb. 2018
Game 4: 2 Way Draw (scorpiusx/England-kevindola/France) - Jan 2020
Game 5 - 5 Way Draw (kevindola - Italy/Kinseth - England/Ranior - Russia/Dragon Ruler - Austria/quozl - France) - November 2020 5 way Draw

Participants
Spoiler Alert!

Many thanks to @kevindola for compiling that record, which is current as of 11/11/20.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; January 9th, 2023 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Thanks, KD!