View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
For wotcPaul: Can you assure us that Heroscape is currently a profitable product?
Right this minute, it's profitable. We have some problems with some of our costs that we've got to get under control to keep it that way. It's not a major issue - we've solved much bigger cost problems before. Our aim is to make sure it'll be profitable for the next 5 years and beyond.

The real key to continued profitability is you guys. Getting your feedback is part of this. Another piece is going to be asking you to help us persuade store owners to carry it, and persuade players in those stores to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
I ask this having recently browsed the Dreamscape forums on WotC's site, particularly the thread discussing the cancellation of that game. It reminded me a lot of the doom & gloom threads we had going here before WotC's announcement. It also showed me that some people seem to think that your company has a habit of not supporting struggling games, a reputation I hadn't heard of before. The timing of the cancellation (Oct. '07) also seems to coincide with this transfer of Heroscape to your company. I guess I just want some assurance that this transfer wasn't just to fill some perceived void in WotC left by Dreamblade's cancellation, and that Heroscape will be treated better than that game was. Thanks.
Heroscape's transfer had nothing to do with Dreamblade at all. That cancellation happend way before anyone even thought of transferring Heroscape. However, I think you're right - we do have a habit of not giving enough support to games that are going through change, and that's a habit that I want to break us out of. (I don't want to use the term "struggling games" because Heroscape is definitely not struggling)