Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Workshop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Jandar's Summoning Circle by Flash 19

This was a tough one. After seven playtests, six of them being mostly lopsided, I am going to have to vote to Jandar’s Circle. I love the concept but . . . well, I can’t really put my finger on it. It was difficult to move double space figures between castle walls, ruins, and change in heights. If you can gain high ground on the either of the two heights with high defense figures then the game is over. Again, I love the concept. Perhaps some tweaks would help like making it easier to get out of the start zone? I would have voted the map as tournament worthy, but when nearly all of the battles were blowouts, then something is not quite right. Please revisit this map. The concept and general structure is very strong. My ARV colleagues may have different opinions, and I am OK with that.
Thanks for your feedback and especially for the time you put in to play testing. Just to clarify a couple things. You said it was hard to move double based figures - is that because the double based figures are too big or bulky to fit in the spot you're trying to move the figure to? Or are you thinking general movement is difficult with any double based figure (regardless of size) because of changes in height/where those changes are located?

Also, I'd love to hear more about taking one of the two height positions in the middle. I tried to design the map with enough cover that an approaching melee army could contest those high spots without getting shot to bits by range. Are you talking about a high defense ranged figure like Q9 being able to gun down melee armies before they are able to get there and attack?

I'm also curious if there were any constants among the armies that were winning to cause such a blowout.

That's a lot of followup questions, so forgive me for that. I'd love to hear back from you.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog