View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:26 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
I'm also now curious to see how your teams fared and which units did better than others.
I've played 3 such tournaments. The first tournament was won by Charos, Nakita Agents & Izumi Samurai (very surprising). The second: Marcus, 4th MassX2, LegionnairesX2 & Me-Burq-Sa (not so surprising). The third: Braxas & Major Q9.

However, Finn & KoWx2 have been the most consistent-- they have yet to win the whole thing, but they've made it to at least the semifinals of each tournament I've had, albeit with different support units each time. They made it to the finals once with an all melee team (Sir Denrick, Finn, KoWx2, and MacDirk WarriorsX1), which was a big surprise.

Sir Denrick has gone far in a couple tournaments, as well. I think he's a bit better than his reputation-- his 4 Attack is perfectly fine against most of the melee schmucks he runs into, but the +2 Attack against Huge creatures has proven to be invaluable when pitted against the inevitable Dragon, especially in conjunction with bonding.

MacDirks en masse can be effective when used with Thorgrim to boost their defense, and I've come to believe that the Human Champions with 4 Defense are better Highland Fury candidates than Alistair MacDirk with his 6 Life but only 3 Defense.

I agree that the Omnicron Snipers are better than their reputation. So are the Gorillinators-- if you play them a bunch over time, their Tough-ness really shines. On the other hand, Microcorps Agents really blow on a completely flat map (I've been using 3 different types of maps, and the completely flat map always reveals their weakness).

I've tried 3 times, but I have yet to put together an Orc swarm army that has gone very far-- I know I'm doing something wrong.

Shotgun Blasts rock.