View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2010 Main Event Armies

I used to feel the same way you do, Gulp, about the AE. However, I still played them for GenCon Champ event in 2007. It was pretty nerve racking, but I did pretty well that year.(2nd place) Mattser played the AE last year and he won.

In a Marcus lead army, you can drop the AE behind your main line. With Marcus boosting their move to 5, they are much more playable as a typical advancing squad. You don't have to drop them in a compromising position. Marcus gives some flexibility in how they can be played.

They are a gamble for sure, but so long as the rest of the army isn't a pile of crap, it can work. I believe that is the key: You have to play them with an army that can stand alone.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; May 28th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.